If there’s anything we know in the fundraising game, it’s that it isn’t the easiest thing to do. You may have a great cause your need to raise money for, but it takes a lot of organization and volunteer work to get the word out enough to reach your monetary goal.
Promoting fundraising on social media has the ability to spread the word and gain high returns if it is done correctly. But, before you decide to promote your fundraiser on social media, be sure to read the following do’s and don’ts regarding your presence on social media with your fundraising posts:
- Don’t overshare to your social media follower. You want to entice them to participate – keep it fun and easy.
- Do create a posting schedule and only share 1-3 posts a week. Sharing more may cause people to unfriend or unfollow.
- Don’t share your fundraiser across all social media networks.
- Do share them with the top social media networks, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, as they have the highest opportunity to receive further engagements and donations.
- Don’t just post a link to your fundraiser’s site.
- Do post a link explaining the cause and story behind your fundraising efforts. This will help show your friends and followers that you are passionate about your fundraiser, which allows potential donors to better connect with you.
Social media can be used in several ways to help promote your school fundraiser. Just be sure to keep in mind that there is a right and wrong way to go about doing so.
If you have any other questions regarding social media fundraising, feel free to visit our website at www.westcoastfundraising.com or contact West Coast Fundraising in Corona, CA at 800-500-3310 today.
West Coast Fundraising proudly serves Corona, Norco, Chino, Riverside, Yorba Linda and all surrounding areas.